MECS (MINOR EYE CONDITIONS SERVICE)
MECS is available across South East London and provides assessment for many common eye conditions through your local optician.
Conditions that can be treated by MECS
- Sudden or recent reduction in vision in one or both eyes
- Red eye(s) or eye lids
- Pain and/or discomfort in the eyes, around the eye care or temples
- Recent onset or sudden increase of flashes and/or floaters in one or both eyes
- Mild trauma, for example a scratch to the outer surface of the eye(s) or lid(s)
- Suspected foreign body in the eye
- Recent onset of double vision
- Significant recent discharge from or watering of the eye
If you are unsure whether your symptoms qualify, please contact one of the approved optician who can offer help and advice.
Further details and a list of participating opticians can be found at www.sel-mecs.com
Referral information for GPs can be found here.